E-mails have become an integral part of our personal and professional lives. They have added convenience and simplicity to our lives while speeding up the communication time. Moreover, they are far more reliable than the traditional mailing options. In other words, they are the perfect communication solution that is efficient, productive and affordable at the same time. One of the most trustworthy and competent names is BT Mail.
What is BT Mail?
BT Mail is the most productive and secure mailing service that comes bundled with BT Broadband. It is an optional complementary service that can be retained even after discontinuing the internet connection. A well protected web based mailing service, it can easily integrate with other services like Contacts and Calendar. It can be operated with other email accounts which makes it possible to manage all of them at a single place. Being a web based email, it grants you with the utmost flexibility to access it from anywhere and at anytime.
As stated earlier, BT Mail comes as a free of cost additional service along with your BT subscription plan. Since it is an optional service, you will be asked for the same at the time of activating your subscription. Therefore, you can make your choice. However, even if you decide not to choose the BT Mail service. Still you have the option to get it anytime during the course of your internet service.
Nevertheless, in case if you opt for it, you will get an email address that ends with @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com. Additionally, you can use this BT email username for signing into other services such as BT Cloud, BT Wi-Fi etc. unless stated otherwise. Moreover, you can avail a maximum of 11 email addresses which includes one master email account and 10 sub accounts.
All this coupled with some amazingly innovative and intuitive features designed for enhanced user experience makes BT Mail the best choice.
How can I lose my BT Mail Account?
Although BT Mail is one of the best mailing service available free of cost. However, there is a slight possibility that you may lose it over a period of time.
Therefore, it is essential to login and use your BT Mail account on a regular basis to keep it active.
In case, if it isn’t used for a period exceeding 90 days, it will be suspended without any prior notice. However, this is done only for the specific email address that remains inactive. Other email addresses linked to the broadband connections still remains active.
After the suspension of the BT Mail account, users get a 60 day grace period to recover back the account. Meanwhile, users can reactivate the account by logging in to it during this period.
Thereafter, you BT Mail account will be deleted permanently without any further notice. In this case, all your personal details are also simultaneously deleted along with the email account. For example, email messages, contacts, calendar appointments etc.
Furthermore, you will never be able to recover the email address or the associated content. This is yet another practice to keep your digital identity fully protected.
Create a BT Mail Account
BT Mail is a user centric web based mail that allows you the liberty to access it anywhere and anytime. It is known for easy management and creation of the account.
It must be noted that only the primary account holder can create the additional accounts. That means, sub and affiliate account users are not provided with this benefit.
Once you create a BT Mail account, you get your BT ID i.e. the username and password. In order to create one, you will need your billing account number. It is located at the top right corner of your Invoice. It consists of two letters and eight numbers. For example ES12334578.
Now, since you have secured the BT billing account number, you are prepared to begin the account creation process.
- First and foremost, turn on your computer.
- Then, open your preferred internet browser. For example, google chrome, mozilla firefox, internet explorer, safari etc. For this, you should look for the respective browser icon on your desktop or taskbar. Click on the icon to open the browser.
- Thereafter, you should open the BT Mail home page. Hence, type in “home.bt.com” in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, look on the top right hand corner for “Email”. Click on it to open the Sign In webpage.
- Here, you will have an option to create a new account. Click on “Create One” tab. This redirects you to the account creation window.
- This window prompts you to provide certain basic details for account creation.
- To begin with, you should provide the email address assigned to you at the time of activating your internet subscription. In case, you have lost your BT ID, you can easily find it.
- On the same window, you can search the link to get your login credentials. Look for the link that says “Find it Here”. Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions on the next window to recover the required details. You will need certain details including your phone number and the billing account number for the same.
- The next field prompts you to enter the email address again. Hence, enter it correctly.
- Thereafter, click “Continue”.
- Subsequently, set a unique, and strong password for your BT mail account. Be particular in setting a password that is unique yet strong. For this, mix up alphabets, numericals and special characters to create a unique password.
- Once the password is created, you are required to re-enter it correctly in the appropriate field to confirm it. Hence, do the needful.
- Thereafter, click on Continue to move on to the final step of BT Mail account creation. This will redirect you to the subsequent window that displays the final step.
- Finally, you must provide your BT account number that you had secured from your subscription invoice. As stated earlier, it is the unique 10 digit alphanumeric number located at the top right corner of the invoice.
- Now, click on Create Account to conclude the BT Mail account creation. Now, you are good to utilize all the benefits of a surprisingly user centric email service.
How to Configure BT Mail Account with Email Client?
Email Clients like Apple Mail, Outlook or Windows Mail are software applications that can be easily installed on your computer or device. They grant you the luxury to access your emails from multiple accounts and service providers at the same place. Additionally, once the emails are downloaded, you can access them later at any point of time even without the internet connection. This is because your email client will store them locally on your device. Email Clients uses IMAP and POP3 protocols for downloading mails to your device.
BT Mail also allows for this customization to enhance it’s user experience. Moreover, the configuration process has been made as simple as possible.
- To begin with, you are required to launch the preferred email client which is already installed on your device. For this, click on the email client icon on your computer. It must be on your desktop. Alternatively, open it from All Programs under the Start Menu.
- Once the email client opens up, click on the File tab right at the very top of the window.
- Thereafter, click on the Category to expand it.
- Now, click on the Account Settings.
- On the next window, click the tab Email under New.
- Subsequently, switch on the Server Settings on the following window and click Next.
- Now, select Internet Email address and click Next.
- Following window will require you to provide the user data as specified below. Hence, fill in the details correctly.
- Your Name: You must provide your full name including the first, last and middle name without any mistake.
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address correctly.
- Thereafter, you are expected to provide the specific server information for BT Mail. For this, look for Type Account under the Server Information section. Here, select POP3 and fill in the below mentioned details accurately.
- Incoming email: mail.btinternet.com
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing email: mail.btinternet.com
- Outgoing port: 587
- After providing the above specified details, proceed to complete the other information. You should now look under the Login Information and fill in the required fields correctly.
- Email: Enter your BT Email address
- Password: Provide your BT Email account password
- Login with Security: None
- This completes all the required information for the BT Mail configuration. Finally, click on Test Account Settings. This will run a test to confirm all the setting information. Assuming that all the information that you provide was accurate, the test should be successful. Hence, click on Next. Otherwise, you will be notified for the same. In that case, cross check for all the provided information to confirm it is correct. In case of any incorrect information, correct it and run the test again.
- The next window confirms that your BT Mail has been successfully configured with the respective Email Client. Henceforth, click Finish and exit the window.
With the above specified set of instructions, you are all set to start using this highly sophisticated and stunning email service of BT Mail. It’s innovative and best in class user experience is a proof of their commitment towards delivering valuable and enhanced customer centric services.